Tuesday, November 15, 2011

How I could use Podcast in my classroom

I enjoyed this Absolutely Intercultural podcast a lot. Now, I am a international student and I am interested in culture a lot. I read and watched several episodes from here, and selected the episode of absolutely intercultural 142.
from Absolutely Intercultural 142

While learning abroad using different language and in the different environment, I have thought that language learning is closely related with culture of the language. I think without understanding the culture of the language, we cannot fully use or understand the language. This episode gave a lot of information related with culture and language. I like the information about the website of Internations which expatriates community for people living and working abroad as well as all ‘global minds’.

How I could use Podcast in the classroom
I will let my students read this episode first and then share their thoughts or reflections about this episode. I think many students can get a glimpse of importance of cultural understanding while sharing this episode. After this discussion about cultural differences or importance, I will give students some assignments as a group to search the cultural differences between Asian countries and English-speaking countries. With these results, they can podcast their findings like this episode. Their podcast could include their own experiences, some paper articles, or broadcasting etc. I think I can use this podcast site as a source of developing intercultural knowledge of my students, whenever I find good ones from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment